Connect with us

Sports

Kevin De Bruyne ‘best in world’ but told he’d struggle away from Man City

Published

on

Kevin De Bruyne has enjoyed a fine start to the season for Manchester City, although he’s been told that it’s not been entirely down to him.

De Bruyne has scored three goals and provided 12 assists in 17 games so far this season, putting him on pace to enjoy one of his finest seasons at City. His fine end to last season and the start of this one is reflected by the fact that he has been directly involved in 40 goals in his last 41 appearances, more than any other Premier League player.

The Belgian midfielder was at it again during City’s defeat of Sevilla on Wednesday night, providing a brilliant assist for Julian Alvarez just three minutes after coming off the bench.

City fans are used to De Bruyne’s magic by now, but for those who don’t necessarily watch him week-in week-out, he never fails to dazzle. Speaking to BeMyBet.com, former Manchester United defender and pundit Paul Parker said De Bruyne is the best in the world in his position.

“I would definitely put him beyond [Frank] Lampard. With Lampard, we talk about goals. With Kevin De Bruyne, we can talk about goals and assists.

“He is without a shadow of a doubt the best midfield player in the world but he is also playing for an extraordinary team. It’s absolutely mad that Chelsea allowed themselves to be swayed by Mourinho to let him go. It’s absolutely ridiculous but I guess it was personal.”

However, as good as De Bruyne is, Parker thinks that he would lose some of his shine if he were playing for any other Premier League team.

“If you put De Bruyne into another team in the Premier League, he would struggle,” Parker said. “He’d still be a good player, but he would not be able to create the same amount of opportunities.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Ronaldo to equal record as Man Utd Portuguese trio discover World Cup fate

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo is set to become only the fifth player to feature at five World Cups after being named in Portugal’s 26-man squad for Qatar. Meanwhile, Manchester United teammate Bruno Fernandes will travel to his second finals, with Diogo Dalot making his tournament debut. Many believe this will be Ronaldo’s last appearance at the showpiece […]

Continue Reading

Sports

The official: Cristiano Ronaldo sends message after Portugal World Cup announcement

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is “ready to raise the name of Portugal very high” after being named in Fernando Santos’ World Cup squad. The 37-year-old is set to become only the fifth player to feature at five finals in what many feel will be his final appearance on the world’s biggest stage. Having won every […]

Continue Reading

Sports

Portugal announce the 26-men squad for the World Cup: Ronaldo & Pepe lead

Published

on

Portugal announce the 26-men squad for the World Cup: Ronaldo & Pepe leadPortugal are in group H at the Qatar World Cup and will come up against Ghana, Uruguay and South Korea.That means we will see a repeat of a 2018 World Cup quarter-final, when Portugal were knocked out at the round-of-16 stage after a […]

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.

%d bloggers like this: